North Pantanal - Ilha do Caracara
Refúgio Ilha do Caracará is located in the heart of the Pantanal on the banks of the Cuiabá River. Spread across a vast grass plain, is a verdant landscape that offers a biodiversity found in few other places. Ever-changing and providing new surprises around every corner, it abounds in birds, fish, reptiles and a multitude of flowers and trees.
The Refúgio Ilha do Caracará is truly a unique place to stay. Built to blend into the environment, its locally inspired architecture and décor convey a sense of intimacy and sophistication.
The 20 charming rooms all have air conditioning, minibars, ceiling fans and telephones. Two are spacious suites that are also equipped with hydromassage tubs for the ultimate in guest comfort.
The lodge offers a lounge, a Scotch bar, a swimming pool and hammocks.
* Bird Watching on Negrinho River: you will be able to contemplate the 600 species of birds and, among them, the Tuiuiu, symbol bird of Pantanal. It is a great opportunity to photograph.
* Alligators Focusing on Negrinho River: at night, the eyes of the alligators glow in the dark when lightened by a flashlight. You can enjoy this magnificent show, comfortably sitting on the boat.
* Lambari Fishing on Negrinho River: old fashioned fishing experience. You will be able to fish Lambaris and other small fish, using a bamboo fishing rod on the quiet waters of Negrinho River.
* Boat Ride On The Bay of The Captain: an unforgettable tour through different sceneries.
*Ecological Trek: to enjoy the local flora and fauna - tamanduas, monkeys, capivaras (big rodent), onças (jaguar), as well as an enormous diversity of birds can be seen on these walks.
*Horseback Riding :around the hotel: accompanied by an experienced guide, you will have the chance to see all the natural beauties that surround our Refuge.
* Trek in the Bushes: a walk designed for you to relax and observe the fascinating nature of this region. At the end of this trek, you will have the chance to visit a native family, who lives by the river. Listen to their stories and try a traditional indian beverage.
* Transfer: Located 250 km far from Cuiabá, which is done by land and boat. Private transfer.
* The package is " taylormade" where guests may choose the number of nights and the activities offered. Accommodation, full board meal plan, welcome drink, 2 tours by day, and boat transfer from Jofre Port/Lodge/Jofre Port), english guide asssitance.
Area: Ilha do Caracara
Your journey is multiple destinations, don't just consider this destination as the following list are close by. Reach out to me (Sabrina) to learn what options are available.