Amazon - Juma Lodge
Amazon - Juma Lodge
The lodge is located in the heart of the Amazon Forest, just 100 km from Manaus, and 2hours and 30 minutes by car and boat.
The Juma lodge was designed to be totally integrated to the jungle. The construction and operation of the lodge comply with and respect the limitations of the environment. The lodge was built on solid ground and is supported on stilts. This type of construction is necessary during the flood season, when the river water level rises up to 20m (66 feet).
All the materials used in the construction are plentiful in the region and judiciously extracted from the forest. Timber from trees such as the angelim, itaúba, aquariquara, tintarana and jacareúba were used on walls, passage ways and stilts, while the leaves of the babaçu tree are used as roof covering, just like the native houses.
Accommodations: Despite this environmental concern, the lodge offers excellent facilities for your stay: 11 comfortable rooms with verandah, hammock, fan, minibar, and private bath. Some bungalows are facing the forest and others face the Juma Rives. All accommodations offer total privacy and were projected to be fully integrated into the surrounding forest.
The restaurant, specialized in both regional and international cuisine, has a dazzling view to the lake. The communion of the lodge with the nature is crowned by the constant presence of monkeys, macaws and toucans.
* Transfer: 3 hours - by boat in flood season and combined speedboat, van and speed boat again.
Regular Daily Transfer:
- Manaus to Lodge at 7:00 am
- Lodge to Manaus at 8:30 am
The transportation to Juma Hotel will be passing in the hotels in Manaus between 7 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. to take you up to the Ceasa Port in the Industrial District. In the Port, we will take a boat to cross the meeting of waters arriving in Careiro ville 20 minutes later. Possibility of observe some Botos (river dolphins) - Boto Tucuxi (Sotalia Fluviatalis) and Boto Cor de Rosa(Inia Geoffrensis).
From Careiro to Araçá River, it is 1 hour more by car in highway BR 319. 1 hour by boat from Araçá river navigating by rivers and igarapés (small creeks), close the first time with the pristine forest.
During the flood season, it is possible to go with speed boats from Ceasa Port until Juma hotel.
* Children Policy: 0-5 years old: free / 6-10 years old accompanied of 2 adults in same room: 50% off in double rate base.
* Package includes: full board meal plan without beverages, accommodation in lodge or in jungle (as described in the package), guided excursions (English-Spanish-Portuguese guide) and transfer Manaus-Lodge-Manaus.
* The excursions described are weather permit.
* The lodge doesn’t offer hot shower regarding electricity issues.
Area: Juma Lodge
Your journey is multiple destinations, don't just consider this destination as the following list are close by. Reach out to me (Sabrina) to learn what options are available.